Dr Donald Kiser's vocation and interest in chemistry and his leadership and involvement in the American Chemical Society at the National and Section levels has led the Illinois-Iowa Section to honor his memory through the establishment of this scholarship. It will be provided annually by the Illinois-Iowa Section of the American Chemical Society.
Past Scholarship Winners
- 2002 Kimberly Gebhardt
- 2003 Terell Williams
- 2004 Laura Michel
- 2005 Sara Dierickx
- 2006 Bryant Koons
- 2007 Luke Roling
- 2008 Kelly Holt
- 2009 Wyn Boerckel
- 2010 Kaitlin Heinen
- 2011 David Fischer
- 2012 Jacob Kaczinski
- 2013 MacKenzie Garlock / Sarah Fischer
- 2014 Erica Peterson
- 2015 Michael Do
Applicants must be:
· Pursuing studies in chemistry, biochemistry, or chemical engineering.
· Demonstrating a high level of academic achievement in science or related area.
· A resident of one of the following counties in
Illinois: Bureau, Carroll, Henderson, Henry, Jo Daviess, Mercer, Rock Island, or Whiteside. In Warren Iowa: Clinton, Dubuque, Jackson, or Scott. Muscatine
· Entering their freshman year of college in the fall of 2016 at an accredited post-secondary educational institution.
· The Donald Kiser Scholarship is a one-year, non-renewable merit based award in the amount of $750.00.
· Return completed application, a copy of high school transcript showing grades to date and ACT test scores, and two scholarship reference forms, at least one of which is from a teacher.
· If deemed necessary by the scholarship committee, interviews may be conducted.
· The application must be completed and returned on or before
April 1, 2016 to:
Download the application form here.